First of all, you will find very few people who can speak both French and English perfectly. If you do find somebody fluent in both languages, there is little chance that he or she will know the grammar of both languages inside and out.
Secondly, you may find hundreds of other tutors online, but you will not get the quality you will get with me. Based on more than 10 years of experience, I can tell you that 99% of French tutors/teachers explain all grammar points the very same way. They all repeat what is written in textbooks. Because I have been learned the mechanism of both French and English since the age of ten, and languages are a gift that runs in my family, I can guarantee you that my explanations will make much more sense that anybody else’s explanations.
The world of tutors and teachers is very much the same as the world of fashion or the auto industry. Many pieces of clothing or cars look great on the outside, but there is no substance. They wear out or break down quickly. Thanks to my one-of-a-kind French method, you will get material to work on at home in between lessons, helping you to grasp notions we cover together, and practice pronunciation. The many audio / video lessons & assignments I have created will get you used to the way native speakers blend words together, and will teach you all the words & expressions used in France on a daily basis that no other book, teacher or method ever mentions. You will feel like you spent a year in France in a short time.
- 2001: Master’s degree with double major in French and English.
- 2001/02: French teacher at UC Irvine.
- 2002/04: French teacher at Le Lyce Francais de Los Angeles .
- 2004/05: Private English tutor of French president Chirac’s daughter and grandson, as well as other French celebrities.
- 2005/present: French tutor in Los Angeles. Students are of all ages (12 to about 80). Students have come from UCLA, USC, SMC, Le Lyce Francais de Los Angeles, Windward, Brentwood HS, Harvard Westlake, the Buckley school, Beverly High, Malibu High, Marymount High School…, and more. My online students have come from all over the US, Europe, and Asia. I have been teaching French to high school and college students (including homeschoolers) as well as adults including Golden Globe winner Jessica Chastain, NCIS co-producer, cast member of the TV show HEROES, other actors, as well as writers (for Friends), doctors and more.
- French translation of The Agassi Story, an autobiography of tennis legend Andre Agassi’s father.
- Translation of all official documents to help rebuild Haiti (negotiations, infrastructure, logistics, high tech, creation of civil registry…).
- Author of my own French method: free for all my students.
I was born and raised in Paris, France. I started becoming passionate about foreign languages at the age of 10, and decided early on in my life that if I was to live in an English-speaking country. For that purpose, I wanted to become perfectly bilingual in order to understand absolutely everything and sound like a native speaker. With a lot of work and dedication, I did it. I think that if I did it, anybody can do it. I artificially recreated my learning process and applied it to French to allow you to learn everything I learned over a 20 year period in less than a year.
I also played tennis all my life and love music. I grew up listening to many America and British bands. Studying the lyrics of songs helped me improve my English over the years. I have been living in Los Angeles since 2001 and am the father of two beautiful little girls who will be trilingual as they will be attending a Spanish immersion school.